I was a Road Warrior once. I wonder if there are as many business travelers today; what, with work-from-home, Zoom, Teams, and all.
For all that travel to make a living, I salute you! The long hours and time zone changes are tough to begin with. Not to mention the plethora of airline incidents making the news today! If planes aren’t trying to play bumper cars, then it’s the passengers who are “flying out of control”, true? And that’s just the getting to and home part. In between, these business people still have their jobs to do.
I know the airlines are trying to make the trip as comfortable as possible, but there’s a limit:
Pilot: ‘Folks, we have reached our cruising altitude now, so I am going to turn the seat belt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane 'til we land. It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it effects the flight pattern."
Unknown Sage
Of course, Diamond Medallion, Premier 1k, frequent flying, business travelers also have to deal with the casual, family-with-children, infrequent flyers who don’t always know the routine:
You'll notice that the airport buildings are in the distance. We don't land at the terminal because it scares the heck out of the people inside.
Mark Sanborn
Then there are those darn, connecting flights. There’s always the gamble of scheduling the connections too close. I know frequent flyers don’t want to spend anymore time at the airport between flights than necessary, but… Schedule connections too tight and the business traveler is at the mercy of airline flight operations, airport architects, and Murphy:
Law of Airports
The distance to the gate is inversely proportional to the time available to catch the flight.
Unknown Sage
Well, as I concluded in the opening introduction to Road Warriors©, Chapter One of my book:
Not everyone can do this for a living.
GAP
When life gets tough we could get a helmet… or… we could leverage the peace and share the power of a positive perspective.

No comments:
Post a Comment